Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2011 RECAP

2011 was great fun even though things got scrambled due to some rednecks removing some of the course markers causing some peeps to get lost and put down some extra miles. However, everyone seemed pumped and positive.

Early on, Dan "Dads" Lionberg of 400 Smith Racing and former '08 '09 &'10 OxSxOx champ, left the front of the pack to never be seen again. I believe everyone will agree that he legitimately won the race, he rode strong and missed no turns. as for everyone else... it'd be very hard to tell who got 2nd, 3rd and so forth... so the numbers on the chart didn't mean much. Riders pushed hard and some rode way longer than others given the confusion and yet most people finished and finished with a huge grin asking for no explanations or anything else, just cold beer and single speed camaraderie. right on.

check out some pictures here:  

2 comments:

djmagicmetz said...

So bummed, I'm not going to make it this year. I land in Denver at 9:45 am. Oh the horrible irony that I'll be in the same state at the same time that my favorite bicycle race is going on, but I can't be there to enjoy it.

Have fun ladies and gentlemen.

Love,
Metzler

Mark Bowers said...

I have pictures up to view on my Flickr page!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/markabowers/sets/72157627438947722/